Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] how to add a component in the ompi?
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-10 21:28:07

Once you add a directory under ompi/mca/btl/ and add the relevant files, then the next time you run "autogen.sh", it should just "find" the component and add it to the configure and build process. You should not need to edit ompi/mca/btl/Makefile.am yourself.

Have a look at these wiki pages; they explain point-by-point how to add a component into OMPI's source tree:

    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/devel/CreateComponent
    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/devel/CreateFramework
    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/wiki/devel/Autogen

On Mar 10, 2010, at 8:53 AM, hu yaohui wrote:

> Hi Jeff & All
> i want to add a new component in the ompi,
> 1: i make a dir ~/mca/btl/ht
> 2:Then,i have made sure some basic functions i need to implement.
> such as:
> mca_btl_ht_add_procs,
> mca_btl_ht_del_procs,
> mca_btl_ht_alloc
> mca_btl_ht_free
> mca_btl_ht_finalize.
> 3:after these functions,i must compile these funcitons,i copied the makefire under ~/mca/btl/tcp/,
> i have seen these:
> <snip>
> MCA_btl_ALL_COMPONENTS = self sm elan gm mx ofud openib portals tcp udapl
> MCA_btl_ALL_SUBDIRS = mca/btl/self mca/btl/sm mca/btl/elan mca/btl/gm mca/btl/mx mca/btl/o
> fud mca/btl/openib mca/btl/portals mca/btl/tcp mca/btl/udapl
> </snip>
> add my component into these two lines is just not enough.
> Can you help me out on making a right Makefile for my component under folder ~/mca/blt/ht?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Yaohui Hu

For corporate legal information go to: