Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: increase default AC/AM/LT requirements
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-10 12:07:56

Brian and I chatted about this in person -- he doesn't have too strong of an opinion here.

We checked versions shipped in RHEL:

RHEL4: AC 2.59, AM 1.9.2, LT 1.5.6
RHEL5: AC 2.59, AM 1.9.2, LT 1.5.22

Meaning: they're both really ancient.

I personally don't mind forcing developers to have more modern versions because we're a fairly small group of people (vs. users). Does anyone else have an opinion here?