Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Adding error/verbose messages to the TCP BTL
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-05 14:34:13

Being user friendly is good, being way too user friendly is less (but I guess this is the price we have to pay for a production-quality code isn't it).

I have few comments:

- In several places you replaced the BTL_ERROR (which was the way BTLs are supposed to complaints) by a call directly to orte_show_help. This presents several inconveniences: drifting away from something more or less consistent across all BTLs, adding more dependencies between the BTLs and ORTE.

- There are a lot of places where you just indented the code or split a medium-sized line into several lines. I find the code more difficult to read.

Thanks,
  george.