Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Rankfile related problems
From: Bogdan Costescu (bcostescu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-02 06:47:17

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 9:15 PM, Ralph Castain <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Tracking this down has reminded me of all the reasons why I despise the rankfile mapper... :-/

Thanks for all your efforts ! I'm using the rankfile mapper as this is
the documented (in the FAQ) affinity-related one at least for the
stable series. If there's a better way which I've missed, I'd be eager
to learn...

> I have created a fix for this mess and will submit it for inclusion in 1.4.

I've applied to a 1.4.1 tree the patches from tickets #2318 and #2321
and I can confirm that both problems reported earlier are fixed.

> Thanks - not your fault, so pardon the comments. Just had my fill of this particular code since the creators of it no longer support it.

No offense taken :-) I appreciate your efforts and I understand your
frustration about unmaintaned code. Thanks again !

Cheers,
Bogdan