Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OFED 1.4.1-2ofed SRPM
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-24 17:58:52

On Feb 24, 2010, at 5:05 PM, Barrett, Brian W wrote:

> > We should record this specfile somewhere, though, just for posterity. Two questions:
> >
> > 1. Should I commit this stuff in the 1.4 contrib/dist/linux branch? (if I hear nothing back, I assume "yes")
>
> Which stuff? If it's just the updated INI file, I'd say no -- there's no need to record what OFED did to the tarball (just like we don't record what Red Hat did to the tarball). If there were some changes to the RPM generation script which would be useful in the future (such as making it easier to dump a new INI file into the SRPM), then I would say yes.

The stuff is a few updates to the specfile and a slightly modified buildrpm.sh script to copy 3 *.patch files to the SOURCES directory so that they can be used in Patch[012]: and %patch[012] clauses in the specfile. I didn't bother making it generic. These 3 patches update the .ini file included in the 1.4.1 tarball.

So if it's not worthwhile, I don't need to commit this stuff. All the INI changes are on the trunk and slated to go over to the branches; it'll just take time to get a formal release out with these patches.

For corporate legal information go to: