Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] OFED 1.4.1-2ofed SRPM
From: Barrett, Brian W (bwbarre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-24 17:05:31

On Feb 24, 2010, at 4:05 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> We should record this specfile somewhere, though, just for posterity. Two questions:
>
> 1. Should I commit this stuff in the 1.4 contrib/dist/linux branch? (if I hear nothing back, I assume "yes")

Which stuff? If it's just the updated INI file, I'd say no -- there's no need to record what OFED did to the tarball (just like we don't record what Red Hat did to the tarball). If there were some changes to the RPM generation script which would be useful in the future (such as making it easier to dump a new INI file into the SRPM), then I would say yes.

Brian

--
  Brian W. Barrett
  Dept. 1423: Scalable System Software