Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn-full] svn:open-mpi r22663
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-18 13:16:33

On Feb 18, 2010, at 1:12 PM, Ethan Mallove wrote:

> About this change - I have been seeing the below error while trying to
> build the trunk recently:
> $ make ...
> cd . && /bin/bash /tmp/config-missing-bug-in-trunk/trunk/config/missing --run aclocal-1.10 -I config
> warning: OMPI_CONFIGURE_SETUP is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
> config/ompi_mca.m4:37: OMPI_MCA is expanded from...
> the top level
> cd . && /bin/bash /tmp/config-missing-bug-in-trunk/trunk/config/missing --run automake-1.10 --foreign
> warning: OMPI_CONFIGURE_SETUP is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
> While fixing ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS gets the build to complete successfully,
> the real issue is: why is config/missing getting immediately invoked
> by "make"? This wasn't happening before, and it means configure is
> getting run twice per build now.
> Any ideas what could be causing this?

No -- it should not be happening. I'd think that those extra -I's shouldn't be necessary.

Check the usual suspects, such as time synchronization between NFS client and server, etc.

You might also want to run "make -d" to see what rules are being invoked and why.

Jeff Squyres
For corporate legal information go to: