Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Rename ompi/include/mpi_portable_platform.h
From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-11 19:51:04

On Feb 11, 2010, at 4:45 PM, Rainer Keller wrote:

> Hi Ralph,
> hmm, I don't really care about the name itselve.
> As Jeff mentioned, we'd have a "abstraction break" either way.

There is no abstraction break - I talked to Jeff about it and cleared up the confusion. The OMPI code will have an install line that installs the opal file in a to-be-determined place where mpi.h can include it. No "mpi" references required in OPAL.

> The question I have, why does orte_info need to include the information, which
> compiler it was compiled with ;-)?

Because people create cross-compiled versions, use module files to define which one they are using, etc.

> We basically only care to warn users about a typical MPI-user compilation
> mismatch (C gcc+ Fortran pgf77).

Not quite correct - you need to know that it was built to cross-compile vs native.

HTH
Ralph