Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Adding -DOPEN_MPI=1 to mpif77 and mpif90
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-11 06:41:15

On Feb 11, 2010, at 1:00 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

> * Jeff Squyres wrote on Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:02:27PM CET:
> > WHAT: Add -DOPEN_MPI=1 to the mpif77 and mpif90 command lines
>
> It won't work with IBM xlf which needs -WF,-D. I'm sure there are other
> Fortran compilers that don't grok -D either (and may not have any other
> flag), but I'm not sure whether OpenMPI cares about them.

Ah, good!

If we care, it is easy enough to add a configure test to figure this kind of stuff out.

Are you aware of any other Fortran compilers that don't accept -D, and if so, what flags they *do* accept? I would imagine a configure test that tries to compile a fortran program that requires some preprocessor symbol to be set and then tries a few different command line flags (e.g., -D, -WF,-D, ...etc.) to figure out which one works (if any). Hence, having a list of possible flags to check would be most useful.

For corporate legal information go to: