Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: s/ENABLE_MPI_THREADS/ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY/g
From: Sylvain Jeaugey (sylvain.jeaugey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-09 03:44:44

While we're at it, why not call the option giving MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE
support --enable-thread-multiple ?

About ORTE and OPAL, if you have --enable-thread-multiple=yes, it may
force the usage of --enable-thread-safety to configure OPAL and/or ORTE.

I know there are other projects using ORTE and OPAL, but the vast majority
of users are still using OMPI and were already confused by
--enable-mpi-threads. Switching to --enable-multi-threads or
--enable-thread-safety will surely confuse them one more time.

Sylvain