Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: remove btl/gm and pml/dr
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-28 20:45:28

WHAT: Remove the GM BTL and the dr PML

WHY: They're old, dead, and haven't changed in years.

WHERE: ompi/mca/btl/gm and ompi/mca/pml/dr

WHEN: For v1.5

TIMEOUT: COB Fri, 5 Feb 2010

-----

MORE DETAIL:

I was trawling through the code base tonight for various insundry reasons and found that we still have the gm BTL and the dr PML. Is there any particular reason why?

I know that Myricom has asked to remove gm a few times; I think we kept it "just because". How about whacking it for 1.5.0?

Ditto for dr -- it's old, hasn't kept up with ob1 changes, and never fully worked. How about whacking it for 1.5.0?

Both will always be in SVN history if we ever need them again.