Subject: [OMPI devel] crash when using coll_tuned_use_dynamic_rules option with 1.4
From: Shiqing Fan (fan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-22 12:04:07

Hi,

When I try to select different alltoall algorithms using command line:

 $> mpirun -mca coll_tuned_use_dynamic_rules 1 -mca coll_tuned_alltoall_algorithm 2 IMB-MPI alltoall

it just crashes.

I suppose that "coll_tuned_use_dynamic_rules" and "coll_tuned_alltoall_algorithm" should be used together when no extra rule file is specified, is that correct? But whatever algorithm I try to use, the application just crashes. Could this be a bug?

The problem seems only exists in Open MPI v1.4, with 1.3 and 1.3.3, there isn't such problem.

Thanks,
Shiqing

Shiqing Fan                          http://www.hlrs.de/people/fan
High Performance Computing           Tel.: +49 711 685 87234
  Center Stuttgart (HLRS)            Fax.: +49 711 685 65832
Address:Allmandring 30               email: fan_at_[hidden]
70569 Stuttgart