Subject: [OMPI devel] Howto pause BTL's sending at runtime
From: Christoph Konersmann (c_k_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-05 08:56:36

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a method to pause all BTL's sending packets to
their destinations.

Currently I added a state variable to orte_process_info which will be
changed with an external program through process_commands() in
orte/orted/orted_comm.c (I hope it's processed globaly not locally).
While this state is changed to something defined as PAUSE, I want the
send_methods in PML-Layer to be halted omitting any network traffic. By
now it's not working, cause the PML-Layer does not see the state change.

Another way would be to use a libevent thread on the bml/pml-level. I've
read that this library is already supported/implemented, or am I wrong?
How would I use libevent in this context? Does somebody have an example
or hint? Or should I use the fault tolerance framework for this purpose?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

--
Paderborn Center for Parallel Computing - PC2
University of Paderborn - Germany