Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn-full] svn:open-mpi r22313
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-15 21:06:23

On Dec 15, 2009, at 8:56 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Hmm. I'm a little disappointed that this was applied without answering my questions first...
>
> http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2009/12/7187.php

WRONG. You *did* answer -- somehow my mail client ate it (I see the reply in the web archives, but not in my local mail client -- #$@!$@!#$!!!!).

My bad... :-(

Could you add some of your explanations as comments in the code? The rationale here is that if I had those questions while reading your patch, someone else (including me, months from now) will likely have the same questions while reading the code.

Another minor quibble in a help message:

+[SRQ doesn't found]
+The srq doesn't found.
+Below is some information about the host that raised the error:
+
+ Local host: %s
+ Local device: %s

It's not correct grammar and is fairly unhelpful to the user -- please change to:

[SRQ not found]
Open MPI tried to access a shared receive queue (SRQ) that was not found. This should not happen, and is a fatal error. Your MPI job will now abort.

    Local host: %s
    Local device: %s

Also:

+ - When the number of not used receive buffers will decreased to 8
+ the IBV_EVENT_SRQ_LIMIT_REACHED event will be signaled and the number
+ of receive buffers that we can pre-post will be increased.

I don't think users know what IBV_EVENT_... is. Perhaps it should read:

+ - When the number of unused shared receive buffers reaches 8, more
+ buffers will be posted.

(how many more buffers will be posted, BTW?)