Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [patch] Verifying the message queue DLL build
From: Terry Dontje (Terry.Dontje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-08 07:39:27

Ashley Pittman wrote:
> I've seen several cases now where people have functional, installed MPI
> libraries yet when they've come to use padb they have discovered a build
> problem with the Message Queue DLL which prevents it from working.

The cases I've seen this happen is with the Sun Studio compiler when a
source file pulls in a header that defines an inline static function
that uses some extern symbols but the inline static function itself is
never used. For some reason Sun Studio (I believe I've seen another
compiler do this also pgi or pathscale I think) decides to make those
extern symbols unresolved instead of just ignoring them.

The current trunk and 1.5 branch should have this issue extricated from
it. However, this seems to always creep in every so often. So the
below test is greatly appreciated. Also, have you ran this test against
the trunk and 1.5, yet (is my belief of things are clean there correct)?

thanks,

--td