Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Question about ompi_proc_t
From: Pavel Shamis (Pasha) (pashash_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-08 04:18:26

George,
Actually My original question was correct.

In the ompi code base I found ONLY two places where we "use" the structure.
Actually we only assign values for the pointer in DR and CM PML:

ompi/mca/pml/cm/pml_cm.c:145: procs[i]->proc_pml = (struct
mca_pml_base_endpoint_t*) endpoints[i];
ompi/mca/pml/dr/pml_dr.c:264: procs[i]->proc_pml = (struct
mca_pml_base_endpoint_t*) endpoint;

I do not see any struct definiton/declaration mca_pml_base_endpoint_t in
the OMPI code at all.

But I do see the "struct mca_pml_endpoint_t;" declaration in pml.h. As
well, I comment that says: "A pointer to an mca_pml_endpoint_t is
maintained on each ompi_proc_t". So it looks that the idea was to use
use mca_pml_endpoint_t on the ompi_proc_t and not
mca_pml_base_endpoint_t, is not it ?

Thanks !

Pasha