Subject: [OMPI devel] Crash when using MPI_REAL8
From: Sylvain Jeaugey (sylvain.jeaugey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-03 11:19:23

Hi list,

I hope this time I won't be the only one to suffer this bug :)

It is very simple indeed, just perform an allreduce with MPI_REAL8
(fortran) and you should get a crash in ompi/op/op.h:411. Tested with
trunk and v1.5, working fine on v1.3.

>From what I understand, in the trunk, MPI_REAL8 has now a fixed id (in
ompi/datatype/ompi_datatype_internal.h), but operations do not have an
index going as far as 54 (0x36), leading to a crash when looking for
op->o_func.intrinsic.fns[ompi_op_ddt_map[ddt->id]] in ompi_op_is_valid()
(or, if I disable mpi_param_check, in ompi_op_reduce()).

Here is a reproducer, just in case :
program main
  use mpi
  integer ierr
  real(8) myreal, realsum
  call MPI_INIT(ierr)
  call MPI_ALLREDUCE(myreal, realsum, 1, MPI_REAL8, MPI_SUM, MPI_COMM_WORLD, ierr)
  call MPI_FINALIZE(ierr)
  stop
end

Has anyone an idea on how to fix this ? Or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks for any help,
Sylvain