Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Finalize without Detach???
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 18:55:14

There is no such statement in the MPI Standard. In fact one of the
example use exactly this: automatic detach at MPI_Finalize (example on
page 310 on MPI 2.2). However, as the standard doesn't enforce a
specific behavior, each MPI implementation can interpret/implement it
differently. Therefore, by expecting the buffer detach at Finalize the
user open itself to "inconsistent" behaviors depending on the MPI
library used. On the opposite, i.e. by explicitly calling detach, the
behavior is well defined in all cases.

   george.