Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] opal_convertor / ompi_convertor
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-09 11:06:37

On Nov 9, 2009, at 10:56 AM, George Bosilca wrote:

> To your last question the short answer is: the obsolete one is the
> ompi_convertor. About two months ago, most of the datatype was moved
> from the OMPI layer into the OPAL one. When I say most this means
> everything not MPI specific was moved in OPAL, everything else was
> kept in OMPI. The convertor is MPI agnostic so it ended in OPAL.

To be clear about this: if you're using the convertor from the MPI
layer, you should probably be using ompi_convertor. ompi_convertor
wasn't fully deprecated -- as George mentioned, a bunch of it just
moved down to OPAL.

If you're using the convertor from ORTE or OPAL, you should be using
opal_convertor.