Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] opal_convertor / ompi_convertor
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-09 10:56:29

Christian,

I'm puzzled by your questions as I don't remember that at any past
moment in the lifetime of Open MPI the convertor or datatype was in
OPAL. So I don't see how your "OLD" code could have included "opal/
datatype/convertor.h". This only ended in the 1.3 series starting from
1.3.4.

To your last question the short answer is: the obsolete one is the
ompi_convertor. About two months ago, most of the datatype was moved
from the OMPI layer into the OPAL one. When I say most this means
everything not MPI specific was moved in OPAL, everything else was
kept in OMPI. The convertor is MPI agnostic so it ended in OPAL.

   george.