Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Open MPI v1.3.4rc4 is out
From: Samuel K. Gutierrez (samuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-04 19:20:06

Hi All,

I just built OMPI 1.3.4rc4 on one of our Roadrunner machines. When I
try to launch a simple MPI job, I get the following:

[] mca: base: components_open: Looking for
carto components
[] mca: base: components_open: opening carto
[] mca:base:select: Auto-selecting carto
[] mca:base:select:(carto) No component
It looks like opal_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during opal_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
Open MPI developer):

   opal_carto_base_select failed
   --> Returned value -13 instead of OPAL_SUCCESS
found in file runtime/orte_init.c at line 77
found in file orterun.c at line 541

This may be an issue on our end regarding a runtime parameter that
isn't set correctly. See attached. Please let me know if you need
any more info.

Samuel K. Gutierrez
Los Alamos National Laboratory