Folks -- here's what I put in the NEWS section for 1.3.4rc2. Please
send me any corrections / additions / etc. for 1.3.4 final ASAP:
- Fix some issues in OMPI's SRPM with regard to shell_scripts_basename
and its use with mpi-selector. Thanks to Bill Johnstone for
pointing out the problem.
- Added many new MPI job process affinity options to mpirun. See the
newly-updated mpirun(1) man page for details.
- Several updates to mpirun's XML output.
- Update to fix a few Valgrind warnings with regards to the ptmalloc2
allocator and Open MPI's use of PLPA.
- Many updates and fixes to the (non-default) "sm" collective
component (i.e., native shared memory MPI collective operations).
- Updates and fixes to some MPI_COMM_SPAWN_MULTIPLE corner cases.
- Fix some internal copying functions in Open MPI's use of PLPA.
- Correct some SLURM nodelist parsing logic that may have interfered
with large jobs. Additionally, per advice from the SLURM team,
change the environment variable that we use for obtaining the job's
- Revert to an older, safer (but slower) communicator ID allocation
- Fixed minimum distance finding for OpenFabrics devices in the openib
- Relax the parameter checking MPI_CART_CREATE a bit.
- Fix MPI_COMM_SPAWN[_MULTIPLE] to only error-check the info arguments
on the root process. Thanks to Federico Golfre Andreasi for
reporting the problem.
- Fixed some BLCR configure issues.
- Fixed a potential deadlock when the openib BTL was used with
- Fixed dynamic rules selection for the "tuned" coll component.
- Added a launch progress meter to mpirun (useful for large jobs; set
the orte_report_launch_progress MCA parameter to 1 to see it).
- Reduced the number of file descriptors consumed by each MPI process.
- Add new device IDs for Chelsio T3 RNICs to the openib BTL config file.
- Fix some CRS self component issues.
- Added some MCA parameters to the PSM MTL to tune its run-time
- Fix some VT issues with MPI_BOTTOM/MPI_IN_PLACE.
- Man page updates from the Debain Open MPI package maintainers.
- Add cycle counter support for the Alpha and Sparc platforms.
- Pass visibility flags to libltdl's configure script, resulting in
those symbols being hidden. This appears to mainly solve the
problem of applications attempting to use different versions of
libltdl from that used to build Open MPI.