Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: Use automake "silent rules"
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-26 16:56:12

IANAL, but...

Ashley,
  There is no copyright message or other identifying comment in this
script. So I must ask: what is the origin of this script and may one
legally redistribute it? If I like it enough I might want to package
it with one of the projects I work on.

-Paul

Ashley Pittman wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 10:42 -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>

>> WHY: Tidy up the output from "make all"; a nice side effect is that it
>> becomes significantly easier to see compiler warnings
>>

>> Thoughts / comments?
>>

> Somewhat tangential but I find the attached script helpful in this
> regard, it'll forward both stout and stderr to the terminal as normal
> but will colour sdterr in red. Simply save the script to somewhere on
> PATH and run the alias make to "hilte make", better still add this line
> to your .bashrc.
>
> alias make="hilite make"
>
> Ashley,

Future Technologies Group                 Tel: +1-510-495-2352
HPC Research Department                   Fax: +1-510-486-6900
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory