Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Fortran mpi module missing MPI_CART_SHIFT
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-26 15:23:49

On Oct 15, 2009, at 9:28 PM, Larry Baker wrote:

> ../src/run_nnlsqs_mpi.f(39): error #6285: There is no matching
> specific subroutine for this generic subroutine call.
> [MPI_CART_SHIFT]
> Call MPI_CART_SHIFT( mpi_comm_grid, direction, amount,
> -------------^

Sorry for the delay in replying; my INBOX has grown totally out of
hand. :-(

I see that we do define MPI_CART_SHIFT in our F90 module as follows:

subroutine MPI_Cart_shift(comm, direction, disp, rank_source,
rank_dest, ierr)
   integer, intent(in) :: comm
   integer, intent(in) :: direction
   integer, intent(in) :: disp
   integer, intent(out) :: rank_source
   integer, intent(out) :: rank_dest
   integer, intent(out) :: ierr
end subroutine MPI_Cart_shift

Do all your arguments match? The output you give above only shows the
first 3 parameters and none of their types.

> With Fortran 90 "Include 'mpif.h'", no errors.

mpif.h does not provide any argument checking at all (even when
compiled with an F90 compiler).