Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC for patches r22113 and r22138 (and followup fixes)
From: Rainer Keller (keller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-26 09:27:48

Dear all,
the patches to split the configure-magic into sub-project related config-
directories is certainly of the type "Doing the Right Thing" and as discussed
in a private conversation I appreciate the effort.

However, in the light of last weeks breakage and considering the criticism
others have been met with adhering to "good community policy", I believe it
was not "Done the Right Way".
For us, having to sustain sub-projects or in my case branches, it makes it a
bit harder (as always not impossible ;-) to keep up, patch up, etc.

So, as is normally requested for such intrusive changes, an RFC letting people
know in advance would have been nice ;-)

Thank You very much.

With best regards,
Rainer

Rainer Keller, PhD                  Tel: +1 (865) 241-6293
Oak Ridge National Lab          Fax: +1 (865) 241-4811
PO Box 2008 MS 6164           Email: keller_at_[hidden]
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-2008    AIM/Skype: rusraink