Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] [OMPI svn] svn:open-mpi r22014
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-30 00:08:15

Ethan is right. The MPIR_Breakpoint function will be queried by your
preferred parallel debugger, in order to set a breakpoint. Therefore,
to allow the debuggers to be able to find the function we have to make
sure it is externally visible, i.e. flagged with OMPI_DECLSPEC (for
the one in libmpi) and with ORTE_DECLSPEC for the one in libopen-rte.
And yes, we really need the *_DECLSPEC to make it visible, extern is
not enough.

Moreover, looking in the ompi/debugger/debugger.h file I realized that
the two functions declared inside are flagged OMPI_DECLSPEC when they
should not have been, as these two functions are not called from
outside the libmpi.

Please try r22032.

   george.