Subject: [OMPI devel] detecting regcache_clean deadlocks in Open-MX
From: Brice Goglin (Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-21 05:50:37

Hello,

I am playing with mx__regcache_clean() in Open-MX so as to have OpenMPI
cleanup the Open-MX regcache when needed. It causes some deadlocks since
OpenMPI intercepts Open-MX' own free() calls. Is there a "safe" way to
have Open-MX free/munmap calls not invoke OpenMPI interception hooks? Or
is there a way to detect the caller of free/munmap so that my
regcache_clean does nothing in this case? Otherwise, I guess I'll have
to add a private malloc implementation inside Open-MX and hope OpenMPI
won't see it.

thanks,
Brice