Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: IPv6 support
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-17 09:57:43

On Sep 16, 2009, at 11:53 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> WHAT: change the IPv6 configuration option to enable IPv6 if and only
> if specifically requested

At configure or run-time?

I [marginally] prefer a run-time determination. E.g., if we can test
at run-time "ipv6 wasn't specifically requested, so try to open an
ipv6 socket, and if it fails, just silently ignore it and disable ipv6
support" and "ipv6 was specifically requested, so try to open an ipv6
socket; if it fails, error".

But I'm not going to be the one coding this, so I'd also be happy with
changing the configure-time option default. I just thought I'd throw
out that request... :-)