Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] XML request
From: Greg Watson (g.watson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-10 09:23:34

The most appealing thing about the XML option is that it just works
"out of the box." Using a library API invariably requires compiling an
agent or distributing pre-compiled binaries with all the associated
complications. We tried that in the dim past and it was pretty
unworkable. The other problem was that the API headers were not
installed by default, so users were forced to install local copies of
OMPI with development headers enabled. It was not a great end-user
experience.

Greg