Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] XML request
From: Greg Watson (g.watson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-10 09:18:11

Hi Jeff,

The problem is that I'm not running the command from java (which has
it's own issues), but rather the command is started by the ssh shell/
exec service. Unfortunately ssh only provides stdin, stdout, and
stderr forwarding on fd's 0-2. There is no mechanism to do anything
else. It would be possible to use a socket to tunnel over the ssh
connection, but this seems overly complicated. Fortunately I know that
the shell is connected to /dev/tty, so sending to this device should
work consistently.

I guess ideally what I need is a -turn-off-all-stdout-and-stderr-but-
leave-xml-output-alone option :-)

Regards,
Greg