Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] XML request
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-10 08:45:26

Thinking about this a little more ...

This all seems like Open MPI-specific functionality for Eclipse. If
that's the case, don't we have an ORTE tools communication library
that could be used? IIRC, it pretty much does exactly what you want
and would be far less clumsy than trying to jury-rig sending XML down
files/fd's/whatever. I have dim recollections of the ORTE tools
communication library API returning the data that you have asked for
in data structures -- no parsing of XML at all (and, more importantly
to us, no need to add all kinds of special code paths for wrapping our
output in XML).

If I'm right (and that's a big "if"!), is there a reason that this
library is not attractive to you?