Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] XML request
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-10 08:04:54

On Sep 9, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> Hmmm....I never considered the possibility of output-filename being
> used that way. Interesting idea!

That feels way weird to me -- for example, how do you know that you're
actually outputting to a tty?

FWIW: +1 on the idea of writing to numbered fd's passed on the command
line. It just "feels" like a more POSIX-ish way of doing things...?
I guess I'm surprised that that would be difficult to do from Java.