Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] application hangs with multiple dup
From: Ashley Pittman (ashley_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-09 10:42:48

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 15:00 +0200, Thomas Ropars wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on r21949 of the trunk.
>
> When I run on a single node with 4 processes this simple program calling
> 2 times MPI_Comm_dup , the processes hang from time to time in the 2nd dup.

I can't reproduce this, how often does it fail? I've run it in a loop
hundreds of times here and not had one hang.

Off-topic I know but this is exactly the type of problem that padb is
designed to help with, if you could get it to hang and then run "padb
-axt" in another window on the same node and send along the output I'm
sure it would be of help.

Ashley,

--
Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.