Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] suffix flag problems
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-04 14:01:12

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Sep 4, 2009, at 7:13 AM, David Robertson wrote:
>> Perhaps it should be taken out of the help message in the configure
>> script then.
> We can't; it's part of the built-in Autoconf options. :-(
On can't disable the option, but one can prevent confusing the user by
(partially) igonoring it.
In GASNet we dealt with this problem by detecting that the prefix,
suffix or transform options had been given and generate an error message
telling the user:
      This configure script does not support --program-prefix,
--program-suffix or --program-transform-name.
      Users are recommended to instead use --prefix with a unique
directory and make symbolic links as desired for renaming.

GASNet is BSD licensed and available at
http://gasnet.cs.berkeley.edu/#download
The autoconf macro in question is GASNET_FORBID_PROGRAM_TRANSFORM and is
located in acinclude.m4

-Paul

Future Technologies Group                 Tel: +1-510-495-2352
HPC Research Department                   Fax: +1-510-486-6900
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory