Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC - "system-wide-only" MCA parameters
From: Nadia Derbey (Nadia.Derbey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-04 07:56:11

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 13:34 +0200, Sylvain Jeaugey wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
> > ------
> > *** Checking versions
> > checking for SVN version... done
> > checking Open MPI version... 1.4a1hgf11244ed72b5
> > up to changeset c4b117c5439b
> > checking Open MPI release date... Unreleased developer copy
> > checking Open MPI Subversion repository version... hgf11244ed72b5
> > up to changeset c4b117c5439b
> > checking for SVN version... done
> > ...etc.
> > ------
> >
> > Do you see this, or do you get a single-line version number?
> I get the same. The reason is simple :
>
> $ hg tip
> changeset: 9:f11244ed72b5
> tag: tip
> user: Nadia Derbey <Nadia.Derbey_at_[hidden]>
> date: Thu Sep 03 14:21:47 2009 +0200
> summary: up to changeset c4b117c5439b
>
> $ hg -v tip | grep changeset | cut -d: -f3 # done by configure
> f11244ed72b5
> up to changeset c4b117c5439b
>
> So yes, if anyone includes the word "changeset" in the commit message,
> you'll have the same bug :-)
>
> So,
> hg -R "$srcdir" tip | head -1 | grep "^changeset:" | cut -d: -f3
> would certainly be safer.

Thx Sylvain!
just pushed a fake patch as a workaround.
Actually, I didn't have the problem on my side, because hg is not known
in my build environment. Never noticed these lines:

-----------------

*** Checking versions
checking for SVN version... ../configure: line 4285: hg: command not
found
done
checking Open MPI version... 1.4a1hg
checking Open MPI release date... Unreleased developer copy
checking Open MPI Subversion repository version... hg
checking for SVN version... ../configure: line 4397: hg: command not
found
done

Regards,
Nadia