Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC - "system-wide-only" MCA parameters
From: Sylvain Jeaugey (sylvain.jeaugey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-04 07:55:25

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> I haven't looked at the code deeply, so forgive me if I'm parsing this wrong:
> is the code actually reading the file into one list and then moving the
> values to another list? If so, that seems a little hackish. Can't it just
> read directly to the target list?
On the basic approach, I would have another suggestion, reducing parsing
and maybe a bit less hackish : do not introduce another file but only a
keyword indicating that further overriding is disabled ("fixed",
"restricted", "read-only" ?).

You would therefore write in your configuration file something like:
notifier_threshold_severity=notice fixed
or more generally :
key=value flags

Maybe we don't have a way to differenciate flags at the end with the
current parser, so maybe a leading "!" or "%" or any other strong
character would be simpler to implement while still ensuring
retro-compatibility.

Sylvain