Subject: [OMPI devel] more bug/comments for current trunk
From: Lisandro Dalcin (dalcinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-02 12:38:28

Disclaimer: this is for trunk svn up'ed yesterday.

The code below should fail with ERR_COMM, but it succeed...

#include <mpi.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  int *value, flag;
  MPI_Init(NULL, NULL);
  MPI_Comm_get_attr(MPI_COMM_NULL, MPI_TAG_UB, &value, &flag);
  MPI_Finalize();
  return 0;
}

Additionally, this is really not a bug, but I'll comment about it
anyway (I think I've commented about this some time ago)...

I would expect the two codes below to fail with MPI_ERR_KEYVAL, but
they fail with MPI_ERR_OTHER...

#include <mpi.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  int *value, flag;
  MPI_Init(NULL, NULL);
  MPI_Comm_get_attr(MPI_COMM_WORLD, MPI_KEYVAL_INVALID, &value, &flag);
  MPI_Finalize();
  return 0;
}

#include <mpi.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  MPI_Win win;
  int *value, flag;
  MPI_Init(NULL, NULL);
  MPI_Win_create(MPI_BOTTOM, 0, 1,
                 MPI_INFO_NULL, MPI_COMM_SELF, &win);
  MPI_Win_get_attr(win, MPI_KEYVAL_INVALID, &value, &flag);
  MPI_Win_free(&win);
  MPI_Finalize();
  return 0;
}