Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] XML request
From: Greg Watson (g.watson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-31 21:26:20

Hey Ralph,

Unfortunately I don't think this is going to work for us. Most of the
time we're starting the mpirun command using the ssh exec or shell
service, neither of which provide any mechanism for reading from file
descriptors other than 1 or 2. The only alternatives I see are:

1. Provide a separate command that starts mpirun at the end of a pipe
that is connected to the fd passed using the -xml-fd argument. This
command would need to be part of the OMPI distribution, because the
whole purpose of the XML was to provide an out-of-the-box experience
when using PTP with OMPI.

2. Implement an -xml-file option, but I could write the code for you.

None of these are particularly ideal. If you can think of anything
else, let me know.

Regards,
Greg