Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] XML request
From: Chris Samuel (csamuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-27 23:24:17

----- "Ralph Castain" <rhc_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi Greg
>
> I fixed these so they will get properly formatted. However, it is
> symptomatic of a much broader problem - namely, that developers have
> inserted print statements throughout the code for reporting errors.
> There simply isn't any easy way for me to catch them all.

Would something like Coccinelle which lets you do semantic
patching across an entire codebase be useful ?

 http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/

There's a nice rundown of its use with the Linux kernel
by Val Aurora, the Linux filesystem developer, on LWN here:

 http://lwn.net/Articles/315686/

That's from January, so there have been fixes since then
(last release was at the end of July).

cheers,
Chris