Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: convert send to ssend
From: Patrick Geoffray (patrick_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-24 23:24:19

Ralph Castain wrote:
> Not quite that simple, Patrick. Think of things like MPI_Sendrecv, where
> the "send" call is below that of the user's code.

You have a point, Ralph. Although, that would be 8 more lines to add to
the user MPI code to define a MPI_Sendrecv macro :-)

Seriously, this particular proposal is not the most flaming example of
OpenMPI doing too much or going too far. I personally thought that the
discussion about affinity was much more revealing in itself, like the
part about in effect replacing the OS scheduler.

Patrick