Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: convert send to ssend
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-24 17:42:32

On Aug 24, 2009, at 1:35 PM, Ashley Pittman wrote:

> > The point of b is for sysadmins (or individual developers) who
> want to
> > force there to *always* be correct MPI applications.
>
> But couldn't the sysadmin equally well write a config file to achieve
> the same effect should they want to?

Yes, probably so. I was only pulling from the precedent of the MPI
param checking for the tri-state.

> Having it enabled (and on) in the standard "debug" build is going to
> change the behaviour of applications with using a debug library, may
> well render bugs un-reproducible in debug mode or worse you may end up
> with end-user applications that only run in debug mode and not with a
> normal build.

Agreed. Just to be totally clear: I, too, would not advocate that
this feature be automatically enabled in debug builds. It should
default to compiled-out in all cases -- only enabled via a configure
switch.