Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: convert send to ssend
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-24 10:52:07

The debug builds already have quite a bit of performance overhead. It
might be desirable to change this RFC to have a similar tri-state as
the MPI parameter checking:

- compiled out
- compiled in, always check
- compiled in, use MCA parameter to determine whether to check

Adapting that to this RFC, perhaps something like this:

- compiled out
- compiled in, always convert standard send to sync send
- compiled in, use MCA parameter to determine whether to convert
standard -> sync

And we can leave the default as "compiled out".

Howzat?