Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Heads up on new feature to 1.3.4
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-16 20:56:46

I tend to agree with Chris. Changing the behavior of the 1.3 in the
middle of the stable release cycle, will be very confusing for our
users. Moreover, as Ralph pointed out, everything in Open MPI is
configurable so if we advertise this feature in the Changelog, the
institutions where the nodes are not shared can easily amend their
configuration files to take advantage of it. In particular, for Sun,
if we push this feature in the 1.3.4 release, they can ship their
version (derived from the 1.3.4) with the MCA parameter set to bind-to-
whatever.

We can bring this topic in the spotlight for the next cycle (1.4/1.5).

   george.