Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] RFC: PML/CM priority
From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-11 15:29:19

Here is an alternative solution. If instead of setting a hard coded
value for the priority of CM, we make it use the priority of the MTL
that get selected, we can solve this problem on a case by case
approach by carefully setting the MTL's priority (bump up the portals
and PSM one and decrease the MX MTL). As a result we can remove all
the extra selection logic and priority management from the
pml_cm_component.c, and still have a satisfactory solution for
everybody.

   george.