Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Improvement of openmpi.spec
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-06 09:32:08

Thanks! A few questions about this patch:

-Source: openmpi-%{version}.tar.$EXTENSION
+Source: %{name}-%{version}.tar.$EXTENSION

Does this mean that you're looking for a different tarball name? I'm
not sure that's good; the tarball should be an openmpi tarball,
regardless of what name it gets installed under (e.g., OFED builds an
OMPI tarball 3-4 different ways [one for each compiler] and changes
%name, but uses the same tarball. How about another param (hey, we've
got something like 100, so what's 101? ;-) ) for the tarball that
defaults to "openmpi"? They if you want to have a differently-named
tarball, you can.

-%setup -q -n openmpi-%{version}
+%setup -q -n %{name}-%{version}

Ditto for this.

-%dir %{_libdir}/openmpi
+%dir %{_libdir}/%{name}

Hmm -- is this right? I thought that the name "openmpi" in this
directory path came from OMPI's configure script, not from the RPM
spec...? Or is the RPM build command passing --pkgname or somesuch to
OMPI's configure to override the built-in name?