Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] trunk borked -- my fault
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-04 17:41:04

On Aug 4, 2009, at 5:37 PM, George Bosilca wrote:

> I used 2.64 for about a week on a bunch of machines. I never had
> problems with it before...
>
> After checking it turned out that autoconf 2.64 was freshly installed
> on my Mac, so this might be a problem with autoconf 2.64 and MAC OS
> X ... I'll go back to 2.63 until we figure out a way to solve these
> problems.

FWIW, I saw the warnings on Linux as well, and then configure failed
later in spectacular and interesting ways (I didn't let it get to the
build because configure was so borked up -- all the individual
POSIX .h file tests said that the file was present but could not be
compiled because somehow it was stuck trying to compile them with
gfortran (!) instead of gcc). Something changed in AC2.64 with
regards to how they do language REQUIRE'ing, etc. that I don't fully
understand.

Let me know if the workaround in r21759 works for you.