Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Shared library versioning
From: Chris Samuel (csamuel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-28 19:21:34

----- "Ralf Wildenhues" <Ralf.Wildenhues_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> You can probably solve most of these issues by just
> versioning the directory names where you put the files;

To be honest I'm not sure if this is something that
OMPI should be looking to solve, we have lots of
different versions installed on our clusters just
using --prefix to set a different install location.

We manage all those using Modules (modules.sf.net)
where we have a .base module which works out from its
name where the installation directory would be, and
then new configurations are just a symlink away.

cheers,
Chris