Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] libtool issue with crs/self
From: Paul H. Hargrove (PHHargrove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-28 16:38:48

If I follow correctly, the problem is not with the Self CRS component
USING lt_dl*(), but rather a failure is occurring when one is trying to
dynamically load the component itself. If that is correct, then I'd
guess that some automake/libtool magic incantation is missing. It may
be as simple as needing $(LIBLTDL) somewhere in the Makefile.am.

-Paul

Josh Hursey wrote:
> Once upon a time, the Self CRS module worked correctly, but I admit
> that I have not tested it in a long time.
>
> The Self CRS component uses dl_open and friends to inspect the running
> process for a particular set of functions. When I try to run an MPI
> program that contains these signatures I get the following error when
> it tries to resolve lt_dlopen() in opal_crs_self_component_query():
> ------------------
> my-app: symbol lookup error:
> /path/to/install/lib/openmpi/mca_crs_self.so: undefined symbol: lt_dlopen
> ------------------
>
> I am configuring with the following:
> ------------------
> ./configure --prefix=/path/to/install \
> --enable-binaries \
> --with-devel-headers \
> --enable-debug \
> --enable-mpi-threads \
> --with-ft=cr \
> --without-memory-manager \
> --enable-ft-thread \
> CC=gcc CXX=g++ \
> F77=gfortran FC=gfortran
>
> The source code is at the link below:
> https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/browser/trunk/opal/mca/crs/self
>

> Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be going wrong here?
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

Future Technologies Group                 Tel: +1-510-495-2352
HPC Research Department                   Fax: +1-510-486-6900
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory