Subject: [OMPI devel] libtool issue with crs/self
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-28 16:06:27

Once upon a time, the Self CRS module worked correctly, but I admit
that I have not tested it in a long time.

The Self CRS component uses dl_open and friends to inspect the running
process for a particular set of functions. When I try to run an MPI
program that contains these signatures I get the following error when
it tries to resolve lt_dlopen() in opal_crs_self_component_query():
------------------
my-app: symbol lookup error: /path/to/install/lib/openmpi/
mca_crs_self.so: undefined symbol: lt_dlopen
------------------

I am configuring with the following:
------------------
./configure --prefix=/path/to/install \
   --enable-binaries \
   --with-devel-headers \
   --enable-debug \
   --enable-mpi-threads \
   --with-ft=cr \
   --without-memory-manager \
   --enable-ft-thread \
   CC=gcc CXX=g++ \
   F77=gfortran FC=gfortran

The source code is at the link below:
   https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/browser/trunk/opal/mca/crs/self

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be going wrong here?

Thanks,
Josh