Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Shared library versioning
From: Iain Bason (Iain.Bason_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-25 12:59:04

On Jul 23, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> We have talked many times about doing proper versioning for
> OMPI's .so libraries (e.g., libmpi.so -- *not* our component DSOs).

Forgive me if this has been hashed out, but won't you run into trouble
by not versioning the components? What happens when there are
multiple versions of libmpi installed? The user program will pick up
the correct one because of versioning, but how will libmpi pick up the
correct versions of the components?

Iain